Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hi, this is Jillian. I'm working from hell. Please eave a message and I'll call you back.

Ugh. This is seriously what it feels like working from home today!!

I had a very bad cold since yesterday (it's almost gone now, replaced by a grating cough. I'm going through the motions of the flu virus) and I had actually obtained a medical certificate to rest at home, but because my team is flooded with work, I agreed to just work from home while I recover.

Bad decision.

It's a little over 3pm and I'd just finished my lunch. I can't step away from my office laptop because my boss goes nuts if I'm not around when he needs my input. I'm hogging the two phone lines in our house because I have three meetings tot attend all at the same time every other hour. One of my teammates has a document to write that he wants me to write, but our boss wanted it yesterday. There's a portal to be created to facilitate approvals, but the admin is an idiot and doesn't know how to do it. I have about 60 projects active in my portfolio, each of them screaming for my attention...

How does one not drown from the sheer amount of corporate BS? Really, I should have just told my boss that I'll be working from hell. I can't imagine what it will be like when we implement the 1-day-of-the-week-working-from-home scheme.

But anyway, I still managed a few layouts and picked up 2 shiny new kits from Cinnamon Designs. Nathy has recently moved to A5D, which is like my favoritest place to shop ever, and the moving in sale is too much for me to resist. :p

I was jealous of all those pretty, neutral-colored layouts made out of the Sweet and Warm kit so I got that and the Melon Passion. There are matching freebie samplers/add-ons in Nathy's blog so go check it out!



And then, I finished 1 layout for A5D's Lift with a Twist Challenge, and I wanted to start on a new album to give my evil little nephew, Creed, on his 3rd birthday:



This was the one for the A5D scraplift layout. My source/inspiration layout is this pretty page by Hanazana. Isn't her work awesome? I love how fresh the page looks and that's what I tried to capture in my lift. I think the cheeky look on my brother's face got that one down to pat. :D

My other layout is one of the sweetest pictures I've seen. It's my brother and his son, Creed. Because I live in a different country, I very rarely see them, and seeing them together is adorable! They really look so much alike. I didn't really think my brother was much with kids, but when Creed came along, he's really mellowed a lot.



I'm planning to complete the 8-page Maya Road 7x5 album by March. I may need to prioritize my V-Day gift to my boyfriend first! LOL

No comments: