Saturday, February 7, 2009

GSO: A Reflection

When I look at GSO at boards and the GSO blog, I just normally skim the page, pick out layouts that have items I may be interested in (this is how I do my scrap-shopping), comment on a few and move on. I'm not much for journaling because I feel that it strains my eyes sometimes to try to read the text, especially if the fonts used are minuscule.

So, when I came across this layout by chickypow (I saw it at GSO blog, but I'm linking you to the OP at Scrapartist), I was like ummm yeah, why are there no pictures?, and just continued to scroll down for more pages that had elements and papers that catch my eye.

And then I backtracked. Why were there no pictures? There were frames, and the layout title was Our Family Photos but there were no pictures.

And then I read the journaling.

Let me just segue for a bit about this: I have to say that scrapping is a past time that has never really tugged at my heartstrings. I scrap because I like looking at pretty pictures and I like the creativity that goes towards it. The most that I'd feel when scrapping would be a twinge of nostalgia for a fun time with my nephew, or maybe get a bit tickled at a funny memory captured on camera.

But when I saw chickypow's layout, when I read the story behind it, I suddenly felt struck. This is exactly how I am feeling. It's exactly the source of my bitterness towards the current relationship I'm having, the reason why I am starting to feel that it has spiraled out of control and something dramatic must happen or I might end it.

It made me shed a tear.

This layout is a thing of beauty.

3 comments:

DawnMarch said...

Love your post, and thanks for sharing that layout! I agree that it is a moving page!

Chloé said...

Wow, this is really moving indeed. Thanks for sharing! (((hugs)))

Tracy said...

Wow! What a powerful LO...thanks for pointing it out!

and {{HUGS}} for feeling the same way