Sunday, March 1, 2009

Whew! Whirlwind Weekend!

Not! I'm essentially a boring person and I stayed in much of today, except to go to the library last night. LOL! Still, I managed to get a lot of scrapping done, to catch up for the lack of pages I've done over the past week (dratted work!) The one thing I'd been planning that I never got to do was to pick up some new board books so I can print out all the recent pages I've done. People at the office had been asking a lot about the accordion calendar I did and some are actually interested in hiring me to scrap for them. Wheeee! Let's hope I get enough time to work it out though!

OK, great purchases for this week:



I haven't used this kit by Kristen Rice yet, but just looking at the CT layouts at After5 already convinces me that this kit is going to be simply awesome to use! I love the color palette, so bright and funky and easy to use for both boys, girls and us oldies. LOL!



I learned belatedly about the Victoria bush fires coz I'm a late news reader. I think it's awesome that so many designers are working to be able to find ways to donate proceeds for some of their works to rehabilitate the devastated area. Although I only really wanted the kit, I was so pleasantly surprised by the lovely QPs, brag books, and what I need the most--the templates! This is a fabulous buy and all going to a good cause!



Does this kit not look like a cake to you? It looks so yummy and colorful and fun! Of all the designers at SPD, I have to say that Kasia is my absolute favorite. I don't buy all of her kits like I do some of my other fave designers (Catherine Designs comes to mind :D) but all of them are simply fantastic!

Next, some new layouts:



I was so inspired when I created this! The paper layout by Jen Caputo was simply fabulous and I had to scraplift it!



I seriously never expected that this page would make GSO. I wasn't very happy with how it turned out, but I didn't know how else to make it look better. And then my good web friend, Sheena, up and put it on GSO. How awesome is that?? Sometimes, the creations we ourselves can't seem to appreciate are the ones that strike inspiration for others. Thank you so much, Sheena, for appreciating my work and being such an awesome lady all around. Big hugs to ya! :)



Last one before I sign out: this layout of my not-so-little sister, Justine! Whew, where did all those years go? I remember when she was just 6 months old and she wouldn't sleep if we didn't carry her in our arms and rocked her to sleep. With some matching song and dance number if it was my brother, Neil, taking care of her! Now she's growing up to be a beautiful young lady. She needs to fill out her skin a bit, but that'll come in time. I sure miss when she was 4 or 5 and we picked out pretty stuff for her to wear, but I'm happy to have someone to teach the ropes of wearing make-up now! :D

More to come next post! I have so many fun layouts to share!

No comments: